Discover Our Collection
Purchase online or find a retailer
Enjoy the elegant, ergonomics curves and satisfying smooth wood with every meal by ordering now and getting it conveniently delivered or by visiting one of our retailers and getting it right away.
Our products are enjoyed by hundreds of thousands of people world-wide and counting. Become part of the cultural awakening to a healthier, eco-friendly way of eating.
At JUstenbois, we take pride in our products. We work to turn every piece of wood into a beautiful utensil or dish and treat every item as a work of art. No two items are the same, their smooth feel and attractive aesthetic is what we aim to achieve. Using a magnifying glass and the touch of our fingers, we rigorously inspect each piece. However, the imperfect beauty of the wood can hide certain flaws that appear with use. For this reason, we have a one-year warranty on cracks or cracks in the wood and manufacturing defects. We will replace any item with proof of purchase.
SIMPLE CARE INSTRUCTIONS
- Wash well prior to first use
- Hand wash in warm soapy water, rinse well and towel dry.
- Do not soak in water for more than 15 minutes.
- If truly dirty with caked on food, soak in a warm water solution with approximately 10% vinegar, lemon juice or baking soda for no more than 15 minutes, rinse well and towel dry.
- Not dishwasher safe.
- Do not put in microwave.
- Turmeric and other bold colored spices can create short lasting stains to the wood that will fade after second and third use and hand washing.
After use, empty all liquids.
- If you allow to air dry, place the plate in a vertical position.
- Occasionally during the change of seasons, because of humidity levels in the air, undulation may occur, they will restore naturally if kept in a vertical position.
- If you have left them soak for too long, they may wave. To restore, they must be dipped in warm water for 20 to 25 minutes, the placed upside down with a weight of roughly 2 kilograms (4.5 pounds) resting on them. Leave for at least 2 days before removing the weight. The wood will restore to its original structural memory.
- Ideally to be used on a wooden surface to prevent the blade from becoming dull.
- Our knives and forks become more effective over time. However, if you find the blade or the tips of the tines are becoming dull, you can sharpen by sanding with #320 or #400 grit sandpaper. For the forks sand from the outside to the inside no more than a few times. For the knives sand from the top to the bottom twice and end with a soft stroke along the cutting edge.
- Our non-toxic treatment protects against stains. With time, it may wear out on the surface and fade – do not add sealer of any kind. It is not necessary to add protection, a natural patina will develop.
- If you find that your utensils have lost their original smoothness, lightly sand the well-dried utensil with very fine grit sandpaper (either #400 or #600 grit), or with a fine soap-free steel wool. One light sanding should suffice for many years of use and pleasure. Apply a natural edible cooking oil to coat and restore luster. If you find your plates, bowls and cutting boards have lost their luster, apply a natural edible cooking oil to coat.
SHIPPING AND DELIVERY!
We use Canada Post for delivery as it is the greenest choice. Canada Post delivers all over Canada, so we don’t put any extra trucks on the road. This made the choice easy.