SIMPLE CARE INSTRUCTIONS
- Wash well prior to first use
- Hand wash in warm soapy water, rinse well and towel dry.
- Do not soak in water for more than 15 minutes.
- If truly dirty with caked on food, soak in a warm water solution with approximately 10% vinegar, lemon juice or baking soda for no more than 15 minutes, rinse well and towel dry.
- Not dishwasher safe.
- Do not put in microwave.
- Turmeric and other bold colored spices can create short lasting stains to the wood that will fade after second and third use and hand washing.
After use, empty all liquids.
- If you allow to air dry, place the plate in a vertical position.
- Occasionally during the change of seasons, because of humidity levels in the air, undulation may occur, they will restore naturally if kept in a vertical position.
- If you have left them soak for too long, they may wave. To restore, they must be dipped in warm water for 20 to 25 minutes, the placed upside down with a weight of roughly 2 kilograms (4.5 pounds) resting on them. Leave for at least 2 days before removing the weight. The wood will restore to its original structural memory.
- Ideally to be used on a wooden surface to prevent the blade from becoming dull.
- Our knives and forks become more effective over time. However, if you find the blade or the tips of the tines are becoming dull, you can sharpen by sanding with #320 or #400 grit sandpaper. For the forks sand from the outside to the inside no more than a few times. For the knives sand from the top to the bottom twice and end with a soft stroke along the cutting edge.
- Our non-toxic treatment protects against stains. With time, it may wear out on the surface and fade – do not add sealer of any kind. It is not necessary to add protection, a natural patina will develop.
- If you find that your utensils have lost their original smoothness, lightly sand the well-dried utensil with very fine grit sandpaper (either #400 or #600 grit), or with a fine soap-free steel wool. One light sanding should suffice for many years of use and pleasure. Apply a natural edible cooking oil to coat and restore luster. If you find your plates, bowls and cutting boards have lost their luster, apply a natural edible cooking oil to coat.