This wooden sandwich spreader made from 100% Maple Wood is a unique yet functional utensil that is an excellent addition to your cooking collection. We call this handcrafted spreader the Tartineau, which is a play of the French word Tartineur, for spreader. The beautiful and elegant design makes this spreader the perfect companion to your gourmet cheese or charcuterie tray. Great for spreading butter, jams, jellies, honey, nut butters, cream cheese, pâté, hummus, frosting or any other spread without having to double-dip.
It is a simple kitchen utensil that is used to apply common spreads to a slice of bread or a cracker. With a rounded edge, the spreader makes it possible to apply a level spread. It can also be used to create decorative patterns in thick spreads on an open-faced sandwich. One side of the spreader is shaped to form a smooth blade to facilitate cutting crusts off bread or cutting the bread into sections. The blade is thicker than a knife, but still able to cut soft foods.
Using a spreader is particularly helpful when spreading such foods as peanut butter and jelly, tuna, or egg salad. The spreader also works well with condiments such as mayonnaise or mustard. It can also be used to apply frosting to cakes, muffins, or cupcakes.
Sometimes referred to as a sandwich spatula, this wooden spreader has a blade that measures roughly 10 centimetres or 4 inches in length. The handle has a smooth curve that feels comfortable in your hand. This version of the spreader is made from 100% Maple Wood.
ADVANTAGES OF A WOODEN SPREADER MADE FROM MAPLE WOOD
Maple wood utensils allow for the full enjoyment of all your food’s natural flavors and nutrients.
Maple Wood is neutral when in contact with food. It won’t react when cutting or spreading food, ensuring that the taste is as it should be full of its intended nutrients.
It does not transfer the taste of the metal and its oxidizing effects on your food.
Maple wood is a durable hardwood that is resistant to bacteria.
It is an insulator; foods stay warm or cold depending on what you are preparing.
It is a respite from the usual clatter of metal, they produce a muted sound.
It is ergonomic. The sensual curve of the handle and simple beauty of the maple it an attractive addition to your kitchen. They have a wonderful feeling in your hands that enhance your culinary pleasure.
A long-term investment in response to today’s environmental concerns. With proper care, they can last for 15 years.
It is a perfect complement for healthier eating habits. The natural attributes of maple make these utensils a healthier choice. They enhance your commitment to a thoughtful lifestyle.
WOODEN SPREADER SPECIFICATIONS
- Handmade from high-quality durable maple wood made cultivated following sustainable management practices.
- They measure 8 1/2” (21.5 cm) in length.
- Made of 100% solid maple wood (does not contain any glue) and is eco-friendly.
- Protected by a unique combination of natural resin (flax seed oil, vegetal wax, rosemary, and lemon oils)
- Complies with FDA (US Food and Drug Administration) for children.
- We follow eco-friendly and zero-waste management practices.
- One-year guarantee against manufacturing defects and cracking.
HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR WOODEN SPREADER
While the Tartineau is naturally very durable, you can also ensure its longevity by following a few simple maintenance steps.
- To clean the tartineau, use warm soapy water and dry with a dish towel immediately.
- Never soak in water. It is not dishwasher safe.
- Should you ever notice the wood starting to dry out, you can apply a coat of food safe mineral oil to bring back the wood’s softness.
There are no reviews yet.